Wednesday, April 16, 2014

First Digital Kiln Firings


Ok, so I ran a bisque fire and a glaze fire with the digital controller.  It's a success and not...let me explain. 

Let's start with the bisque fire.  I didn't take any pictures.  No problems at all!  The firing went great and it was so much less stressful then firing with a traditional kiln sitter.  One benefit that I discovered which I hadn't even thought of before installation of my new controller, was that I could see the temperature read out as the kiln cooled.  That meant I could easily tell when it was safe to open the kiln.  Happy day!


The glaze firing...I wish I could tell you that everything came out beautifully.  It didn't.  However, I don't think that my problems were my controller's fault so I'm calling the firing a success.  The kiln fired to the temperature that I told it to and it looks like the hold allowed the entire kiln to fire to a consistent temperature.


I took some pictures of my successful pieces to share with you.  Hope you like them.

You'll notice that I didn't take any pictures of my failed pots.  To be honest, my failed pots had me down for a few days.  There were several that I had such high hopes for that just didn't turn out for various reasons.  I am making the choice to not dwell on those.  I'm thinking happy thoughts.  Including the fact that my controller worked beautifully!

Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment